Sunday, August 13, 2023

High School Seniors The Last Three And A Half Years. (C. Elaine Hopson)

 Did I have a real high school event in my life? I'm a Senior now and I still don't know what high school really is or was?

Well, what anyone thinks of that absurd rhetorical question escapes me. I was burdened by COVID like everyone else! Even had confirmed COVID once!...But my high school years?! Wearing masks since freshman year until early part of junior year? I think a lot about the seniors who graduated in these three past years and couldn't march with their classmates? Most people I didn't even recognize since high school began for me without the masks?!

"So that's what you truly look like?!" I would say often to myself. At this point not understanding anything about regular high school! I mean I'm in drama for God's sakes! Everyone understands that facial expressions mean everything in drama! All lost behind a backdrop in our human masked history I suppose! I can't get it back! Ever!

And who's fault is that, my age of minority high school self? Mine? 

I can't vote?! I don't pay taxes!? And who listens to us teenagers anyway? Have they ever! We are our future! But this future has been abandoned! For some unconceived/conceived reason! That my high school self is still trying to make sense out of?...

No comments: