Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Darland Albert Hopson, Passed Away Monday, November 12, 2012 (Broke Black Prophet) November 13, 2012

It was 70 degrees the day before he died.  Quite befitting.   He was always a warm and caring person.  Then the day of his death it was 35 degrees in this midwestern intemperate climate.   But that's the way life has always been.  Hot or cold, not lukewarm.  My Brother was a kind man; a gentle man; a good man.  We will miss him so.  Stoic.  A dependable human being.  When he said he was going to be at your destination at a certain time it was going to happen.  There has been so many times he has never disappointed any of his siblings.  And what can I or anyone say about that fleeting characteristic in a human being?   Many will miss Brother Al.  I will miss him so.  So let it be written, so let it be said.  He walked the walk and talked the talk.  No in betweens.

It was cold when he crossed over into another life.  It is hard to imagine him the way that he was before he died: feeble, weak, vulnerable...a human being.  I will always see my Brother Al as something other than what I just described.  He was a hu-man, in every sense of the word!  And that's all I have to say about this Beautiful human being who passed over into another life which I must too some fateful day.

His memory will always be frozen in whomever's psyche, especially mine, who was fortunate enough to cross his warm enlightening path of this oft times severely cold and dreadful life. 

No comments: