Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Morgan Lambert Hopson. I Never Got The Chance To Say "Goodbye".

 Who I fondly called,

Daddy.

I miss you 

Dearly!...

He had ah stroke.

They had these I.V.'s in him. 

I really do forget the date Daddy died, it was either in '94 or 

in '98?

Daddy was born in 1920.

But the intricacies of his passing are starting to attenuate, 

Like most memories do. 

I guess I could look it up?

But no. 

I guess some memories need to fade?...

Anyway,

He had awakened and they were moving him to a long term care facility near 86th and Township Line Road.

I went to see how he was doing the next day after transfer.

His limbs were moving involuntarily and Daddy was looking up at the ceiling.

I came next to his bed and looked into his eyes.

Daddy 'd already left....

(Peace! More to come...)

No comments: