Saturday, April 6, 2024

A Talk With Mommy circa Spring 1998

 "Meredith listen. You don't ever have to lie. You just have to find your way around the lie. Are you listening to me?"

Yes Mommy. That's why I haven't said anything, because I was listening.

"Just checking. I know you. But it's like if an individual asked you, for some reason I've been asked alot in my lifetime. Any-who. They asked that silly question, 

"Isn't my child beautiful?" Nonsense. Well, you can't say no! Why? You just can't say that in a civil society no matter how truthful that is! No Meredith what you say is this. 

"Oh, look at those fat cheeks! Isn't that adorable?!" Because it is! But you won't get that question ever again! Because they know what they've birthed. And it ain't 

Beautiful."

I laughed so hard!

And I started cryin when I saw 

Mommy laughin hysterically right with me!?...

(Peace! More to come...)

No comments: