Saturday, April 22, 2023

Over Coffee And Beignets

 There is nothing that defines US more than thah muh fuckin way US treats US!

I remember my Wife and I were having dinner at this outdoor restaurant in New Orleans!

Hot and humid as fuck! If it wasn't for that blessed breeze every now and again, We would have been takin our asses inside with the A-C! Fuck that shit! Anyway...

There was this couple older than US having dinner at a table next to US on the left!

The waitress had came to the other couples table for some shit, I guess jUSt doin some waitressing Shit?! Anyway...

The male of the couple dining next to US all of the sudden goes off on the waitress,

"How many times have I told you I needed pepper! How many times?! Are you deaf!?"

And the waitress didn't say a thing, casted her eyes down, and started walking into the indoor seated area!

About ten seconds later, she came out of the door and went hurriedly to the older couples table. Making sure she put the peppershaker next to the male. He said nothing. 

"Do you need anything else right now?" We heard the waitress ask.

The man looked up at her and said, "No we're eating! Now go away!"

I said aloud, 'Damn?!'

He kind of looked irritatingly at me and went back eating along with, I would hopefully deduce, his must needed pepper!

Still remember my wife and I lookin at one anothah like "The fuck wrong with this crazy old ass muh fuckah?!"

The couple had left before our food arrived. 

My wife and I nibbled, not really having an appetite any longer.

Paid the check! Tipped handsomely! Said our , "Thank you ever so much!".

Walked over to 'Café Du Monde'. Sat down, ordered coffee along with beignets. And jUSt started talking about this life....

(Peace! More to come...) 

No comments: