Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Missing You

 I remembah!

Bein ah non-custodial parent and all. When she was younger I got to have visitation with her every other week, a week at a time. She was young, young enough I had to strap her into the car seat every time We rolled out. 

I remembah!

I had picked her up. Strapped her into the car seat. Kissed her on the forehead. Closed the passenger rear door. Walked around to the driver's door. Opened it. And settled in. Looked back at her and said,

"You ready tah roll out Momma?"

And she said, 

"I missed you Daddy!" With this beatific smile on her face.

"And I missed you too! And McDonald's it is!"

"Yay!"

I started driving to McDonald's looking back at her through the rearview mirror, she still lookin at me, and I smiled back at her and every time nodded my head.

Shiiiought!

Until she was born!

Ain't nobody evah missed me!...

(Peace! More to come...)

No comments: