Monday, October 4, 2021

Check-A-Mate!

 I remember I was talkin ta a coworker who was homosexual. We were talkin bout some shit, bout a muh fucka that done did somethin that got his Black ass Thirty years! And I remember I told him:

"Shit! If I was gay! I would do anything I fuckin wanted ta fuckin do! Shit! Whatchou gonna do?! Throw my ass in a facility with a bunch of men!?"

Then the muh fucka copped an attiude, and rightfully so, 

"Jesus Meredith! You know? Voluntary! Involuntary! Listen? Please! Just because a woman loves men doesn't mean she doesn't want choice over the men who she comes to love! We're no different! I thought at least you would understand!?"

That statement hurt me. Though I understand now it was my fault. Tryin ta be light in the office atmosphere which we always managed to do! That topic was sensitive ta him unbeknownst ta me. "Oh, you knew he was gay!..." Well? Yes! 

But, up until that interaction, I didn't understand there were certain prohibitive verbal boundaries.

And at the time of his checking of me, I thought I understood my-damned-self at the time!

Until I got my sorry Black ass checked! ...

(Peace! More to come...)

No comments: