Saturday, September 11, 2021

Only Oases II

 ...but with my old ass I found out, shit's complicated. You really want it to be a white or Black thing, but the shit's way more than that.

I remember this guy I worked with while I was in college. He's an attorney the last I spoke with him. But we were jaw-jackin round bout our youthful days. He told me,

"Hop! Check this out! So you know I'm from G-I. I'm at home in my room chillin! "Tye! Come here!" Moms right. I go in there. She cookin and shit. She said without lookin at me, "Go up to the store and get me a pound of butter." I looked at her and said, "Where's the money? I'm tapped." She looks down at my Florsheim's. Then looks me dead in the eyes and says, "Go up to the store and get me a pound of butter." And she looks back at what she is cookin, slowly stirring...."

(Peace! More to come...)

No comments: