Tuesday, May 7, 2019

A Rhetorical Conversation

He was working, in the dairy department, putting up not dairy, but refrigerated juices.  Counting aloud to see how many of the various juices he would need to fill the various holes, with the juices ,that were in abundance this Saturday night.  Saturdays were always the worst.  Then he heard:

"Are you speaking to me," he turned to see that it was a co-worker who's name was Candace.

"No, I'm sorry.  I was talking to myself.  I do that sometime," he said.

"Oh, okay," she said and walked away.

He turned and began evaluating the inventory again.

"No, ain't nobody talkin to yo dumbass. You know the bitch was adopted right," he turned to see that now it was a co-worker named, Chona, 'No not China.  But China with an 'O,' 'speaking to him, "... by some white folks that didn't teach her ass any bettah.  Bitch thinks she white and shit. Ain't that some shit. You see that bitch.  Blacker than you and me put togethah talkin crazy shit like that. I don't have time for some fucked up bullshit like that.  Unh-unh.  Fuck that.  All our ancestors went through and yo dumbass gonna deny your obvious heritage.  Dumb bitch.  And we won't even talk about her hair.  You see that shit.  Her shit nappier than the hair in the crack of a farmer's ass.  Yea-ah," Chona said, put her earbuds in her ears and walked away also.

No comments: