Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Percussion Session (Forty-Two Year Old Non-Custodial Parent Supposedly In Arrears) 2011

I had been processed. Now, I was officially a jailbird. No O-R for my ass! Hell no! Ain't gonnah get out of this bitch til court time. Muh fuckah! And the fuckin smell in the mothah fuckah! Good goddamned! Mothah fuckin animals don't even get treated like this. Bacteria laden for sure. Touch any part of the cell, had this tackiness to it, like the bitch workin on the next bacteria strain for the next layer upon many.

And my head pounding like a bitch! Feeling the high blood pressure I had been diagnosed with some three years ago.

Whomp! Whomp! Whomp!...

Not particularly incessant, gettin on my nerves but it was only a matter of time.

Whomp! Whomp! Whomp!...

That building of the symphony of my rhythms, breaking in its concert slowly, until all the instruments are unable to be discerned except for the percussion section.

Whomp! Whomp! Whomp!...

I, looking around at the four faces, my cellies, looking at me humorously. I, just breaking ground, crossing over from citizen status to non. And my filthy surroundings! Goddamn! Shit all on the fuckin toilet bowl, tank, handle...and what a fuckin surprise, no fuckin seat! Nas-to-the-ty! Fuckin nasty! Why in the fuck was I here?!

Whomp! Whomp! Whomp!...

I couldn't take it any more! So, I hollered out, "Hey man!" to the female C-O. It was like I hadn't said a thang. "I'm sorry! Maam! My head is killin me! I got high blood pressure! I need my medication!" The female C-O kept reading whatever she was reading! Not givin a damn! Conditioned ignorance.

Whomp! Whomp! Whomp!...

"Maam! Please!" I pleaded. Nothing again. So I, feeling weak, with my head against the bars, arm extended through two of the bars, took my fist and came down hard, in frustration, on a shelf that stretched fifteen feet out from the cell. Which, at the end, was where the female C-O's desk was situated. And shit! Where a lamp sat at the end of the long shelf, the lamp that was the light for the images and words in the female C-O's magazine of choice. A lamp that was now tumbling down, in slow motion, from the vibration of my in angered action. A lamp heading straight down on the female C-O's head! Mothah fuckah! Hitting home! And shit! Why the fuck did I have to do that?! The female C-O jumped erect!

Whomp! Whomp! Whomp!...

And thank God! I felt myself slipping away from this terrible, filthy place. The percussion section in full swing now. Thundering. So sweet were those sounds. Drums calling me home!

I started thinking of My Child. Sweet Beautiful girl. The only person I would miss in this dreaded life gone horribly wrong. I'll see you on the other side my Dear Sweet Daughter of mine. Daddy, Loves You! And I will always be with You! Forever! Because this, assuredly, must be Heaven!

I heard the voices. The rumblings. The cell keys messing with the lock. Felt rough hands on my neck, arms and legs...the percussion section never missing a beat through all of this.

Then everything just went beautifully pitch black.

No comments: