Tuesday, August 18, 2020

I Wish You Were Here!

Sending stars from above as the lift off occurs.Blurs through my sight as the lights of the earth get a little smaller.
I holler from the lovely emotion speeding toward the atmosphere
as my soul starts to level off.
I select a better view as the jettisons stop.
I hop on my back to pay attention to outer space,
throwing up a peace sign as I stare in wonder;
as the thunder rumbles through my back and out of my chest,
aftershocks from the sky a little below me.
The best is yet to come as my soul gets ready for re-entry
being gone what seemed for so long.
I land so softly upon the green earth, touching down.
I turn around and say,
"Fire it up again nigga! 'Cause I'm goin for nother round!"
The sound is tremendous as the smoke is sucked in,
the rockets burning off what isn't needed.
BBBoom!
It's lift off. . .all over again...

No comments: