Friday, March 7, 2014

I Want To Be Like Mike (Forty-Eight Years Old, Broke Black Prophet, Near Salvation) March 8, 2014

There’s not much to say but everything and nothing.  C’est tout.  I have always looked upon the both of you as a Geiger counter to my ultimate relationship.  I have seen Mike kiss his wife with a Love that I can only hope I will only be able to duplicate with my own spouse, Geeg.  Your relationship humbles me so.  But it also fills me with joy beyond anything you can possibly imagine.  

I remember telling Dr. Jennings and others about the two of you, “When I grow up, I want to be like Mike.”  Don’t laugh.  I understand the correlation that one gets when I say that very statement with the Gatorade commercial, but still…it stands true. Truisms are an enlightening state of being.  I have found the truth in the both of you.  Do you both understand?  I hope you do.  

And I understand one fated day I will have to breakaway and become who I need to become for my individual and marriage sake.  But whatever that may be, the success, I am sure, will be the example that the both of you exude without really understanding your strength of example.

I Love you and will always carry you with me until my last breath on this fated earth.

Happy Birthday Mike.

Love Always,


Meredith

No comments: