Monday, October 7, 2013

"...Yeah/Yeah/Yeah!" (Forty Years Old, Broke Black Prophet) 2006


“I got a needle in my gum!/Yeah/Yeah/Yeah!”  That’s what our quasi-ghetto commercial jingle was when I was a lil mothah fuckah.  My nephew, Keith, got this needle stuck in his gum and the rest was Hopson lore.  I don’t know why we did it when we were lil but we thought the shit was cool seein tailors with needles stuck between their lips while the tailors fitted you for your wardrobe.  So, shit, fuck a toothpick, we gots metal niggah!  Whah?!  Yah heard my Black Broke ass! 

So, aftah  Mommy pulled the mothah fuckah out, aftah the stupid mothah fuckah tried tah make a full revolution with the metal needle in his mouth, like the cool mothah fuckahs did with the wooden toothpicks we had seen, with their toothpick exploits in the hood, ol Keith, didn’t even make one full revolution and the point of the needle got the fuck stuck!   And that’s when he was hollerin like a bitch, with his stupid ass.  But, oh, how we had fun with that shit!  Hence, the jingle mothah fuckah, “I got a needle in my gum!/ Yeah/Yeah/Yeah!”  And with the, “…Yeah/Yeah/Yeah!” You had tah shake yo lil ass a lil three times on the beat, tah tease the fuck out the mothah fuckah.

I, quite simply, hated Keith; he was four years older than me and always accusin me of havin his drawahs ohn!  And I remembah the time he accused me, and Keith was right, and my lil ass runnin in the house, hollerin fo Mommy tah exact some forthwith penances on his ass, fo me tah have tah run in this house, callin fo her because I was bare ass naked because, yes, I had put ohn this hateful mothah fuckahs drawls by ah mistake.  But he didn’t havetah make a mothah fuckah take the damn things off in front of the whole neighborhood and God.  Come ohn nah?  You heartless, bastard!

And that’s why this jingle was fuckin gold!  Now, my prey ass became the fuckin predatah!  And with the backin of the many peoples growin up in the house, I began tah revel in that most wonderful jingle, “I got a needle in my gum!/Yeah/Yeah/Yeah!”  And fuck you!  While I made sure my hips went, with much fervor, right-left-right, in beat with the “…Yeah/Yeah/Yeah!”

No comments: