Saturday, August 11, 2018

Nature Is As Nature Has Been (Dr. Liven Lesson) 2021

"Thank you for being with us Dr. Lesson.  And I just love your last name. It is so apropos,"  I said.

"Well thank you so very much.  It is so very humbling to be here.  I've been doing this for over a half of a century and this is the first interview I have had the pleasure of participating in," Dr. Lesson said.

"No, no, no!  The humbling and the pleasure is all mine.  You are known throughout the world of zoology as the number one expert in your field," I said.

"Well, I can only say with the utmost graciousness, thank you to you and to all of those who you have spoken to that put me in such undeserving reverence.  I love my profession.  Always have.  What I do is not work at all but a blessing.  A blessing because my passion is able to support me and my wife," he said.

"That is so profound. When did you start understanding your life's passion undertaking?" I asked.

"Well, if I understand your query correctly, I will have to respond to the fact that, you remember the series, "The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau?"  You do?  You look too young to remember such a faraway series really,"  he said in sincerity.

"Thank you but I am fifty four years old.  And believe it or not, my brothers and I, used to huddle around the television set before the series, "The Wonderful World of Disney," on Sunday nights and we would be utterly in awe of Oceanographer Cousteau," I said.

"Good lord! Now I understand.  Monsieur Cousteau surely is an icon that I will never be compared to assuredly in future years.  But I do appreciate my name and the very esteemed Oceanographer being mentioned in the same conversation.  And believe it or not, I had the privilege of speaking with him in Paris just before his passing on Sunday December 01, 1996 , and he died on June 25th the next year," he said.

"Truly solid Dr. Lesson.  But changing the conversation a wee bit, what do you foresee, as a zoologist, of the world in the animal kingdom and how we humans and they co-mingle in the near future?"  I asked.

He smiled.  Looked down at the floor for a bit.  Looked up and stared me straight in the eyes and said, "We humans need to defer to the animal kingdom.  We know nothing!  Forgive me and let me give an understanding of what I am speaking.  Take for instance a squirrel.  Oh, people look at them without any inclinations or thought.  But those same animals, squirrels can save your life if you know nothing by way of media.  And you might be asking yourself, "What are you talking about?"  And I definitely appreciate the confusion one must be going through with such an arbitrary statement.  Believe me,"  he said and stopped talking for some reason.

"Please continue and indulge us Dr. Lesson,"  I urged.

"Thank you.  I stopped because most people will tune off and not hear a word I say after the statement I had made.  I just do not like to waste anyone's time.  I speak truths.  No more no less.  Shall I continue?" He asked.

"Please!  I am a sponge to your water of knowledge so please pour,"  I said.

He smiled, "You are too kind.  But thank you so very much.  I really mean that.  But where was I?...Oh, the squirrel.  If you watch a member in the family of scuridae, the squirrel, will tell you all that you need to know about inclement weather.  For instance, if a squirrel takes their given supply, nuts and such upward, as in a tree to house before winter, this means there will be a harsh winter.

But if in the adverse, if you see squirrels burying there food into the ground, this would indicate a mild winter; thus relying on a natural order to predict human living conditions given natural known indicators from nature that has spanned since the beginning of life...

(more to come...)




No comments: