Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Shaking The Cobwebs

I was in water assuredly, just lying there.  I could feel a little ground on my back, I guess that was the only thing keeping me atop water, not drowning.  My eyes closed, I didn't feel like moving.  Then I felt the rain on my face.  I felt as though I wasn't breathing but I'm quite sure I was.  What was I doing here?  Nothing really mattered.  I was tired.  Real tired for some reason.  'Daddy get up,'  my Daughter's voiced coaxed.  What are you doing here, I thought.  I dropped you off with your mother.  'Get up Daddy!'  I opened my eyes to see where she was, all around me darkness and the water dropping on me and surrounding me.  What the hell?  'Please get up Daddy,' her pleading voice.  'Where are you?' I felt my mouth move but no sound came out.  'I'm here,' she assured me.  I opened my eyes again, northing but the same as before.  'Get up, you can do it.'  I tried to move and the pain in my head shot down my right side of my body paralyzing pain.  'I can't, ' I whispered and started to cry as the rain picked up, ears clogged with water.  'You have to get up.  I need you.  You can't stay here and die on me.'  And that was all that I needed to hear.  I seized every ounce of strength in me and with one forceful push and got myself up to at least a sitting position.  But the pain was horrible. 

No comments: