Friday, November 8, 2013

Getting Back On Solid Ground (Thirty-Three Year Old, Female, Running Enthusiast, Agoraphobic) 2011

Running, that’s all that I am doing, but on a treadmill, going no place.  So why am I running?  Now that is the million dollar question; to put it simply, because I am used to running in the same place.  

Running progressively, takes not only effort, it takes a lot of work and oft times interaction with another human being.  Open spaces, paths and people have so many variables, so many terrains and so many people to deal with.  On this treadmill I am safe and I know where it eventually is going to end…in the same place as whence I started.  I need not speak to no one. 

Boring?  Maybe.  But I still live today without any ill circumstance.  As my feet hit the familiar surface and as my ears hear that low hum of energy I am creating...I realize at this point of nowhere...I am getting tired of seeing the same four walls.

No comments: