Friday, July 15, 2011

Heart Attack Victim, 2009

I felt the first sign in my left upper arm. Maybe fifteen minutes later my index and middle finger felt numb. I knew something was wrong. Like anything else, its about the process, and I wanted to find the truth about what I had been reading about and hearing about all this time was correct. I know it sounds absurd, but absurdity, I have found, is the fundamental flaw in US humans. So I kept doing what I was doing, workin in my garden. Then the truth was known maybe about five minutes after that, when it felt like a powerful person had wrapped their arms around my chest, squeezin...and I couldn't breath after that. Yes, at that point I knew the truth. And I wanted like nobody's business for either for me to catch my breath or the Lord just let me die right then and there. Not being able to breath is a horrible position to be in, and to make the situation worse, I had no idea how to get my breath back.

Luckily or not, I saw my wife running toward me, I reached out to her with all the strength I had left, and fell helplessly in slow motion, watching my wife getting taller as my torso and face headed south toward my garden, finally hitting home and nothing really mattered at that point.

I woke up with tubes all in my mouth. It felt like pain was streaming through my body like a fluid river...

It's been a year now. I'm still here. I can still kiss and see my babay, my Lovely wife. But there is one thing I rue every day, being alive witnessing all these medical bills. Good Lawd.

No comments: