Friday, April 10, 2015

Digital Data Dogma (Blake Shelton, Thirty-Two Years Old, Computer Geek) 2013

"So what am I supposed to do?  Wish that the information is the truth?"  I asked.

"Well, most of the information is correct over the internet, but you have to fact check to really be sure," Robin said.

"Shit man!  I remember the time when all you had to do was to open up the 'Encyclopedia Britannica' or go to the library and poof, instant truth," I responded.

"And that's the problem Blake.  At least given your scenario there was something called fact checking.  Now, people are just Googling for God's sake and hoping for the best, unbeknownst to them," Robin said gesticulating all over the place.

"I hear you.  But damn, right now that's the best that we've got," I said.

"Well, that's the problem too.  Everyone is getting lazy.  Just type in something and read Wikipedia or some shit; because everybody knows that if it is on the Internet it is the truth!  My God!," Robin said.

"Welcome to the set-up Robin!  But we let them do this to us," I said.

"And that's the pisser Blake!" Robin said beside himself.

(...to be continued)

No comments: