Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Good Sleep II (Blog Author, Tribe Person, Quasi-Satirist) 2007

“It’s just, like, you know, um…I was taken from this life, man. And, and, I had so much more to give it, you know what I’m sayin. I was there like,” Hendrix finally looked up and asked, “You know what I’m sayin right Psalm? And by the way! I’m diggin that name, man,” he said.

“Thank you. And, I feel yah on that on the real! That’s what I said when Tupac went out of here!” I said.

“Tupac? I’m sorry man. I’m lost? Who’s this Tupac?” Hendrix asked.

“Are we going to visit Uncle Tupac, Uncle Jimi?” Sarah asked.

“How do you know this Tupac and I don’t, Sarah?” Jimi asked.

“Cause I get around!” Sarah did her closest Tupac impersonation.

“You know you need tah quit it Sarah! No you didn’t!” I said while I thought I would loose a lung from laughing so hard. Now that was some wit that Little Lady had. Fo sho! “Sarah please tell Pac to teach you some lines from Brenda’s gotta baby or something. That line, you just shouldn’t be using,” I was still laughing because Sarah busted out, “I here Brenda’s gotta baby, but Brenda’s barely got brain, a…”

“Okay, maybe not that one either Sarah, “I cut her off still having difficulty breathing, tears rolling down my face.

“Let’s go visit Uncle Tupac, Uncle Jimi, Please!” Sarah said.

“I still don’t know who this Tupac is. And what was that she was doin, man. I mean, you know…I’m confused, who’s this cat?” Hendrix asked.

“Put it simply Jimi, after you left there were a lot more musical genres that came out, a genre called Rap or Hip-Hop spawned and they mostly rhyme the verses.” I said.

“And, um, they’re listening to that now, man?” Hendrix said sounding totally confused.

“All day er’day! While yah playin'” I explained.

“Let’s go visit Uncle Tupac, Uncle Jimi! We’re sure to find some place playing his music and he will be around one of them rapping along with his songs. Let’s go Uncle Jimi! You have to meet Uncle Tupac! You just have to! He’s so cool!”

Sarah began to lead Hendrix off and I asked, “Sarah, what were you going to ask me from the last time?”

“See, you later Uncle Psalm! I love you!” As she turned quickly to blow me a kiss. Poof! Along with Jimi.

(to be continued...)

No comments: